As we go into the 2019 season, it is worth taking time to reflect on some of the significant achievements that our club has evidenced over the last 10 years........
· A third consecutive season in the Notts Premier League this year means that Attenborough CC will have played over half of the recent 10 year period at the highest level of cricket in Nottinghamshire.
· A raising of standards of our 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams as evidenced by higher league standings.
· Growing Senior & Junior playing membership to enable the club to field 7 Senior teams and an increasing number & variety of junior teams.
· A thriving off field social scene, which benefits the club and wider local community, fuelling a year on year increase in bar takings to help contribute to further investment into the development of the club and its facilities.
· Significant improvements to the Pavilion and surrounds, the biggest in the club's history during this 10 year period, and to the playing facilities including a new scorebox, makes Attenborough CC the envy of visiting clubs, with the improved facilities benefiting members, supporters and the local community. Pavilion asset now worth £250k.
· Replacement machinery (roller, mowers etc) purchased costing in excess of £12k to enable grounds be kept in good condition to benefit the users and the local community.
Added to the above, this year will see our club (4th s) playing home matches at Chilwell Barracks for the first time. This will become a quality, sustainable home venue for the 3rd and 4th teams for years to come.
Your cricket club needs to generate income of approximately £50,000 per year to break-even and to provide the provision that we do - on and off the field. As such players and supporters are asked to support the fundraising and social activities held throughout the year. If you or your contacts are able to support our club through a financial donation please advise me or one of the committee. Sponsorship packages are also available.
Finally, all of the above just would not have happened without the generous, tangible input of our ‘volunteer workforce’. This includes covering the cricket activities, coaching, administration, maintenance & development, work on the ground, fund raising, catering & bar.
A big ‘thank you’ to all of those who get involved. If you can contribute in any way to help the club continue to develop, just ask.
Wishing all of our teams - senior & junior, good luck for 2019. I wonder what the next 10 years will bring?