The nationwide Cricket Force event, sponsored by NatWest, takes place over the weekend of April 13th and 14th (morning only) and Attenborough Cricket Club has been selected by the Nottinghamshire Cricket Board as a showcase club for the county. Over this weekend we need as many players, parents and supporters
of the club to volunteer their time and effort to repair, renovate and improve the facilities, equipment and environment at The Strand.
Preparation for the new season, in terms of equipment and environment, in combination with getting some parts of the new clubhouse into a fit state, means that there is a massive amount of work to do.
The list below sets out just some of work we need to complete and gives an indication of the workforce we're going to need.
Around the Ground:
- Renewal and cleaning of nets - 4 people
- Prepare covers for use - 3 people
- Clean and roll all weather wicket - 3 people
- Repair and replace hedge & fencing around the ground - 4 people
- Create concrete blocks for benches - 6 people
- Renovate benches - 4 people
- Renovate metal gate & railings - 4 people
- Tidy around net area - 4 people
- Renovate small sightscreens - 3 people
- Renovate large sightscreen - 4 people
- Tree removal - 3 people
- Painting of 3 changing rooms - at least 12 people
- Tidying after building work - 2 people
- Painting of rendering - at least 12 people
- Renovation & painting of verandah railing - 6 people
- Laying slabs and edging at the back of the pavilion - 6 people
- Chicken wire
- Wood for fencing & shuttering
- Sand & cement
- Cleaning materials
- Paint for sightscreens
Thanks to the generosity of various local businesses and our catering volunteers, refreshments will be provided on the day.
You can review the progress that's been made with the rebuilding of the clubhouse through this link.
Many thanks to those people that have already volunteered their time following the junior presentation evening at Trent Bridge; hopefully you'll still be available to help. We do though still need many more to turn out over the weekend.
With some decent weather and plenty of willing volunteers we can make a huge dent in the work that needs to be carried out before the start of the season.
Please get in touch with Graham Shaw if you can spare some time during Saturday 13th or on the morning of Sunday 14th. It helps enormously if we can have an indication of numbers attending and when.